Interview with The Author Kelly Anne Manuel
Kelly Anne Manuel is an uncommon author who has made a big impact in the world of children’s literature. She never intended to write children’s books, but when a devastating house fire happened, it changed the course of her life. Her passion for writing and delivering positive messages to children led her down an unexpected path that resulted in the release of 31 children’s books.
Hello Kelly Anne, welcome to BrandEducation!
- As a mom writing children’s books, what do your kids (or other kids) think of your work?
- My son is twenty-six now and he loves the books. Any child that I have had the opportunity to share the books with has been absolutely enthralled by them. As young as eight months old, there is active engagement which is wonderful.
- What would you say to kids who would like to follow in your footsteps?
- I would tell children that it is very important to identify how they feel about events in their lives because that will lead them on a path of truth and purpose. I would also say to be patient, stay curious, and always hopeful for the deserve the best the world has to offer.
- Can you tell me why your books are great for kids? Would parents also enjoy reading them?
- My books are great for children because they are living, breathing, and works of poetry. This invites the child in for an adventure each and every time they read my modern-day nursery rhymes. As with any timeless literature, caregivers will also find meaning in the stories and find that they resonate on many levels.
- What was your favorite book as a child?
- My favorite book as a young child was a Golden Book entitled “Little Mommy.” As I grew older Laura Ingall’s Wilder books were favorites.
- We live in a world of screens, what do you suggest to parents who are trying to get their children to read more books or play outside?
- Several of my books encourage outdoor play in very logical ways that will actually prompt the child to make the decision on their own. For example, “The Skate Free,” is a book about taking anything with wheels out of a door. It is a simple yet inviting and motivating concept for youngsters.
You can find Kelly Anne’s books on Amazon and listen to her interview on The Relatable Voice Podcast.