F1® DRIVE – London to open in February 2024 with tickets on sale this week
- F1® DRIVE – London, the world’s first official F1 karting experience, will open its doors to the public for the first time on 6th February 2024, with tickets on sale this Thursday (January 25) via f1drivelondon.com
- The attraction is based underneath the iconic South Stand at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and boasts three thrilling karting track layouts, designed to suit racers of all abilities
- Karts are designed to create the most authentic Formula 1 driving experience for drivers of a range of ages and ability levels – with features exclusive to F1 DRIVE – London including DRS technology, engine sounds and an 18cm LED steering wheel display, with audio commentary from David Croft and Naomi Schiff
- Away from the track the venue boasts an F1 fan zone complete with VR5 full-movement racing simulators, an F1 show car, pit-stop challenge, authentic racing memorabilia, celebration podium and a DJ booth
- A range of exclusive event experiences, including corporate packages, group bookings and tailored 1-to-1 coaching sessions, will be available for reservations at f1drivelondon.com
F1 DRIVE – London, the world’s first official F1 karting experience, is opening its doors to the public for the first time on Tuesday 6th February, with tickets going on sale later this week. The new F1 experience, which is situated below Tottenham Hotspur Stadium’s iconic South Stand is part of a 15-year strategic partnership between the Club and Formula 1.
Tickets will go on public sale at 10am on Thursday 25th January via f1drivelondon.com, with an exclusive pre-sale for Tottenham Hotspur Season Ticket Holders, One Hotspur Members, Premium Members, F1 Unlocked Members and those that have previously registered for early access opening on Wednesday 24th January.
Visitors will be able to get behind the wheel of karts designed to create the most authentic Formula 1 driving experience for drivers of a range of ages and ability levels – with features exclusive to F1 DRIVE – London including:
- Immersive in-kart audio, complete with sound effects taken from onboard recordings of the cars of Lewis Hamilton, Max Verstappen and Charles Leclerc during an F1 Grand Prix™ this season, commentary from David Croft and Naomi Schiff and live driving tips
- A ‘DRS’ (Drag Reduction System) button on the steering wheel, allowing greater speed when close to the competitor in front
- Steering wheels featuring an 18cm LED display, providing data and updates to the driver such as lap times, live race position, intervals, boost level, track safety information and flag status
Accredited by the National Karting Association, the attraction consists of three different track layouts that draw inspiration from the most iconic F1 Circuits around the world. The tracks have been tailored for a diverse audience, from the ‘Future Stars’ track, set to ignite the passion of young drivers and inspire the next generation of F1 fans, and the ‘Sprint Track’ which ensures an engaging experience for racers of all abilities.
For those looking for the ultimate thrill, the Future Stars and Sprint tracks are combined to form the ‘Super Circuit’ – the most technical and longest of the three tracks, providing an opportunity for ‘Elite’ racing sessions, combining skill and enjoyment.
Those taking on the Super Circuit will experience the same format as a F1 race weekend by taking part in Practice and Qualifying laps ahead of their big race, promising an authentic F1 karting experience.
For those wanting to further hone their karting skills,1-to-1 and group coaching sessions will be available. Budding drivers will have the opportunity to receive pro-level performance coaching, with experts reviewing and examining race data, telemetry and video analysis to help improve and advance lap times and strategy.
A range of exclusive event experiences, including corporate packages and group bookings, will be available for reservations at f1drivelondon.com.
Throughout the venue, there will be various F1 touchpoints to further immerse guests in the sights, sounds and excitement of one of the most exhilarating sports on earth. Beyond the track lies the ‘Fan Zone’, hosting a range of entertainment opportunities including 8 state-of-the-art VR5 full-movement racing simulators running the 2023 F1 game. Guests can take part in a Pit Stop Challenge and marvel at the authentic F1 memorabilia on display from the grid’s current ten teams. To capture their experience, guests can pose for selfies in front of an F1 car or capture the ultimate celebratory shot on the podium. F1 DRIVE – London merchandise will also be available to purchase from the venue and online.
Guests will be able to fuel up for the race with a diverse food menu, designed for a variety of tastes, which can be tailored to all dietary requirements with a full children’s menu also served. A varied drinks menu is also on offer with soft drinks and alcohol-free alternatives served during race sessions and alcoholic beverages and cocktails available for after racing.
F1 DRIVE – London will be the focal point of a long-term partnership between the Club and F1, that will aim to create apprenticeship and career opportunities for local young people and bring greater diversity to the motorsport industry, particularly for women and underrepresented groups.
As part of this vision, the ‘Mechanics Box’, will allow local school students to take part in live technological demonstrations and STEM workshops, to inspire young people and provide a touchpoint to the world of motorsport, opening up career pathways.