Strategic Brand Management
University of Birmingham
Module Aims and Learning outcomes
After completing this module students will understand how brands deliver value to a range of stakeholders be it in functional, financial or emotional terms.
The module will focus on defining, developing and managing brand equity given the positive influence this construct has on a range of financial outcomes (Keller, 2012). The module places a strong emphasis on how brands drive financial value due to the increasing pressure brand are under to deliver measurable financial returns.
By the end of the module, students should be able to:
- Define core terms such as brand, brand equity, positioning, brand architecture.
- Understand brand elements that help build brand equity.
- Appreciate how marketing and in particular marketing communications help build brand equity.
- Consider how multisensory cues can help differentiate brands and build brand equity.
- Develop an appreciation of how to measure brand equity and a range of performance related outcomes.
- Design and implement brand strategies that consider brand naming, brand extension, brand stretching, brand architecture and so forth.
- Appreciate the challenges of managing a brand over time and geographical boundaries.
- Converse with both academic and practitioner brand specialists on a range of brand related issues.
- Feel confident enough to apply for brand related roles.
Want more information about this program? Check University Offical Website → www.birmingham.ac.uk