NETGEAR Accelerates Wi-Fi 6 Adoption in India with the Launch of Nighthawk Mesh Wi-Fi 6 System “MK62” and “MK63”
New Delhi: August 11, 2020: NETGEAR, the leading provider of the latest and innovative Wi-Fi networking system has diversified its Wi-Fi 6 portfolio with the launch of Nighthawk Mesh Wi-Fi 6 MK62 and MK63 that can meet the needs of the modern connected home. Designed for the tech enthusiast, the new Nighthawk Wi-Fi 6 Mesh System brings the experience of reliable and flexible Wi-Fi coverage with specialized features such as Dynamic QoS, which automatically prioritizes both video streaming and gaming traffic.
Wi-Fi 6 is the latest standard in wireless connectivity with a fourfold increase in capacity as well as a 40% increase in throughput that means you can have more devices connected to your network and faster streaming for gaming and entertainment.
Every member of a household now has a well-defined need for super-fast, reliable Wi-Fi from gamers, to telecommuters and those who stream HD Video to numerous screens within the home. NETGEAR has addressed this call with the Nighthawk Mesh Wi-Fi System delivering the future of Wi-Fi with next-generation Wi-Fi 6. The Nighthawk Mesh System comes with one or two high-powered satellites to provide whole-home broadband Wi-Fi coverage. Dead zones are eliminated by easily adding satellites wherever needed or to scale up when moving to a larger home. Setup is completed in minutes with the free Nighthawk App on Apple iOS or Android OS and is also used to easily manage the network from your mobile device.
The MK63 has a sleek and compact design that blends in with any decor and can be placed anywhere in the home. The Mesh System supports the latest Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) wireless network standard protocol and also has the function of the Mesh extension router. The Nighthawk router provides up to 1,500 square feet of coverage, easy customization and Dynamic QoS. Like the Orbi, the Nighthawks have two Gigabit Ethernet ports for wired connections. Unlike the more expensive Orbi, the Nighthawk offers slower dual-band 1.8Gbps speeds and fewer simultaneous device connections.
With MK62, you can experience the next generation of Wi-Fi 6 that is perfect for medium to large homes up to 3,000sq.ft. and internet speeds over 100Mbps. The Nighthawk Mesh System MK62 comes with a high-powered router and satellite, to provide you with broad Wi-Fi coverage, so you can eliminate dead zones by easily placing the satellite wherever needed.
Speaking at the launch Marthesh Nagendra, Country Manager India, ME & SAARC, NETGEAR commented, “At NETGEAR, we are committed to bring our customers with the latest Wi-Fi technology. Looking at the current technology trend, we are excited to bring you the latest Nighthawk Mesh Wi-Fi 6 System in the market and accelerate the transition to Wi-Fi 6. Through our latest Nighthawk Mesh Wi-Fi 6 offering, we aim to provide our customers with the flexibility of a Nighthawk along with a Wi-Fi system that is exceedingly fast and reliable”.
Legacy devices also will experience enhanced connectivity, as the Wi-Fi 6 backhaul for mesh systems improves utilization of Wi-Fi channels with its use of faster speeds and better efficiencies over Wi-Fi 6.
Features of Nighthawk MK62 and MK63:
- Whole Home Wi-Fi — Experience smooth 4K UHD streaming and reliable Wi-Fi in every room. The system includes one router and two satellites.
- Latest Wi-Fi 6 Technology —Improved dual-band technology designed for faster, more reliable connections that can handle 25 or more devices for smoother streaming and connection capacity.
- Super-fast Wi-Fi — Combined speeds up to 1.8Gbps to keep up with your family’s streaming, gaming, and smart home needs.
- Works with Existing Wi-Fi Devices — Backwards compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac client devices (Wi-Fi 5 and below).
- Reliable Coverage — Enjoy strong Wi-Fi throughout homes up to 3,000 (for MK62) and 4,500 sq.ft (for MK63) which is perfect for medium-sized homes.
- Expandable — Add satellites to expand coverage even further. This mesh Wi-Fi system supports Wi-FiEasyMesh™ for compatibility.
- Single Wi-Fi Name and Password — Single network name provides seamless room-to-room roaming throughout your home so you can stream without the signal dropping.
Pricing and Availability:
The NETGEAR devices are available through authorized NETGEAR store at an introductory price of:
- Nighthawk Mesh Wi-Fi 6 System MK62 at INR 17,499/-
- Nighthawk Mesh Wi-Fi 6 System MK63 at INR 25,999/-
NETGEAR has pioneered advanced networking technologies for homes, businesses and service providers around the world since 1996 and leads the industry with a broad range of award-winning products designed to simplify and improve people’s lives. By enabling people to collaborate and connect to a world of information and entertainment, NETGEAR is dedicated to delivering innovative and advanced connected solutions ranging from mobile and cloud-based services for enhanced control and security, to smart networking products, video over Ethernet for Pro AV applications, and performance gaming routers to enhance online gameplay. The company is headquartered out of San Jose, Calif. with offices located around the globe. More information is available from the NETGEAR Investor Page or by calling (408) 907-8000. Connect with NETGEAR: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and the NETGEAR blog at NETGEAR.com.